Effective immediately, Manitoba Shared Health Services has mandated the following as the updated (slightly tweaked) personal protective equipment/hand sanitization protocols:
Upon arrival at our Home,
- Please ensure to be wearing your own personal face mask.
- You will be greeted by our Recreation staff and directed to sanitize your hands.
- Staff will make available a replacement medical mask for you to wear.
- Remove your personal face mask (and stow safely away) and put on the medical mask.
It is imperative that you wear the medical mask for the entire duration of your visit. If you are unable to wear the medical mask, your “in-person” visit must be switched to a virtual visit. Your loved one will also be provided with a medical mask presuming they are able to tolerate it.
- Remove and throw out the medical mask in the available garbage container.
- Sanitize your hands.
- Put on your own personal face mask.
We realize that more and more folks in the community are gaining access to the variety of vaccines now available. This is VERY positive news – however, Shared Health Services remains concerned about the variants of the COVID-19 virus and the potential for their unsuspected transmission into personal care homes. There is much unknown/unconfirmed regarding the efficacy of the vaccine against the variants; thus, we continue to have to adhere to extreme precautions at every opportunity.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with the various hand sanitization/masking practices. (And, don’t forget to social distance, as well!) All are being implemented to keep our Residents, our staff and YOU safe. Policies and procedures are anticipated as continuing to be updated, and we commit to keeping you informed.
The Convalescent Home of Winnipeg